Sunday, September 4, 2011

Baby V is a ...BOY!!! & Trip to the Hospital

19 Weeks, 5 days (Almost halfway there!) -
Well, we finally got to have the appointment we've been anticipating. Baby V participated and gave us a great proud shot on the sonogram that shouted "I'm a boy!" We are thrilled and relieved that he is healthy and active. They took lots of measurements, and Jon is relieved to say that the baby's head measurements were actually average (whew!). We saw all four chambers of the heart, the different parts of the brain, kidneys, bladder, fingers, feet, and all the amazing parts that make up our little one. It's amazing what can be viewed by soundwaves!

I've still been struggling with nausea and losing weight. I spent time in the hospital this week for severe dehydration, low blood pressure, and lightheadedness. I had so much trouble with nausea that I wasn't able to keep anything down. Apparently it's called hyperemesis gravidarum, and I happen to be one of the unlucky few to experience it beyond the first trimester. They pumped lots of IV fluids into me, and gave me a combination of strong anti-nausea medications that will hopefully help me keep my food and fluids down and gain some weight! My goal is to get back up to my prepregnancy weight by my next appointment!

It is now quite common to feel the baby move. Most of the time it is just really light flutters from the inside. Last night he was moving quite a bit, and his movements could even be seen and felt from the outside. Absolutely incredible!
I'm a BOY!  Spread eagle crotch shot - looking up from underneath (you can see legs on either side of the boy parts!)

Profile with arm

Cute profile!

Hand in his mouth

You can even see his brain!

Fingers!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle!
A different view...

No comments:

Post a Comment